All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionRecent advances in fish cytogenetics have enhanced the interest in chromosome analysis in both fundamental (systematics and comparative gemics among fishes and other vertebrate groups) and applied (aquaculture, conservation and response to pollutants, whole geme sequencing of model fish species) research. Although the gemic material, the chromosomes, is basically the same in the various organisms, experience has clearly shown that fish chromosomes have to be handled with specific protocols. In laboratories around the world, traditional cytogenetic techniques and molecular cytogenetics have seen a vast improvement but the technical details and protocols are often t published in scientific journals because of constraints in format and size and therefore they are t accessible to the whole scientific community. These shortcomings are very well kwn to fish cytogeneticists and the idea to prepare a specific manual was first discussed during the first Workshop of Fish Cytogenetics held in Concarneau (France), in 1992. Resulting from the above workshop, a draft compilation of the techniques and protocols in fish cytogenetics available at that time had been produced and distributed privately, but never published. There does t exist, at present, any published handbook or manual specifically dealing with fish cytogenetics. This book fills this void by bringing together and updating the main techniques so that the traditional methods can be standardized. Moreover, this book includes vel developments or improvements; some of the protocols provided here are practically unkwn to the scientific community and even w unpublished.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication17/08/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 7 colour illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCatherine Ozouf-Costaz,Eva Pisano,Fausto Foresti,Lurdes Foresti de Almeida Toledo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.