All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrated but crippled photographer, Saul Henchman sets out to cruise the British Isles in search of peace and fulfilment. Beautiful dancer, Barberina Rookwood gives up her career to be with him. Throughout, they are observed by velist Valentine Beals, who becomes obsessed with the parallels between Henchman's story and the Arthurian Legend of the Fisher King, whose mystic destiny involves love, ambition, desire and sacrifice.
- Author BiographyAnthony Powell was born in 1905. After working in publishing and as a scriptwriter, he began to write for the Daily Telegraph in the mid-1930s. He served in the army during World War II and subsequently became the fiction reviewer on the TLS. Next came five years as literary editor of Punch. He was appointed a Companion of Honour in 1988. In addition to the twelve-novel sequence, A Dance to the Music of Time, Anthony Powell was the author of seven other novels, and four volumes of memoirs, To Keep the Ball Rolling. He died in March 2000.
- Author(s)Anthony Powell
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight184 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.