All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.59Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionAn end to Roderick L. Haig-Brown's seasons cycle, Fisherman's Summer is a book that can be read again and again, for both kwledge and pleasure. In this installment, he focuses again on the rivers of his native British Columbia such as the Campbell, the Columbia, and the Nimpkish. Among his vast wealth of kwledge concerning fly fishing, readers are also exposed to his wise reflections. His discussions of the past fishermen of these rivers, including Native Americans and pioneers, and his hope that the future of these rivers will remain abundant and full of life, will touch the hearts of fishers and nfishers alike. Chapters included are: Summer Defined The Indian and Me The Beginning of Change The Dry Fly and Very Fast Water Standard-Bearer--Arctic Fish Derbies The Great Destroyers The Beaches Tsable River Blackhole And many more Within these pages are the exciting angling stories of an expert flyfisherman, laced with thoughtful reflections and musings, all of which showcase Haig-Brown as the excellent writer and flyfisherman that he was. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for fishermen. Our books for anglers include titles that focus on fly fishing, bait fishing, fly-casting, spin casting, deep sea fishing, and surf fishing. Our books offer both practical advice on tackle, techniques, kts, and more, as well as lyrical prose on fishing for bass, trout, salmon, crappie, baitfish, catfish, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyRoderick L. Haig-Brown (1908--1976) was a conservationist and well-known Canadian writer. He was born in England and found his way to British Columbia as a youth. He spent much of his life fishing rivers around the world and writing about his experiences, and in 1953 he received an honorary doctor of laws (LLD) from the University of British Columbia. He is also the author of Fisherman's Spring, Fisherman's Fall, and Fisherman's Winter. He is now deceased.
- Author(s)Roderick Langmere Haig-Brown
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content NoteB&W illustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byNick Lyons
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.