Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe Gulf of Mexico is the ninth largest body of water in the world and contains over 15 percent of all kwn species of marine fishes. This diverse fish fauna has been the subject of many publications, but, until w, work has ever surveyed all kwn species, including the deep sea fishes and those of the southern Gulf. This book is the first of two volumes that will cover the entire fish fauna of the Gulf of Mexico. An introductory section that outlines the Gulf's geographical setting, geological origin, current patterns, tides, sediments, meteorology, ecology, and biological exploration is followed by a key for the forty-four orders of fishes kwn from the Gulf. Keys and descriptions are provided for families, which are arranged phylogenetically, and for the species, which are arranged alphabetically, described, and distinguished from similar species. All but a few species are illustrated. Volume 2 is tentatively scheduled for publication in early 2006.
- Author BiographyJohn D. McEachran is Professor of Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences at Texas A&M University. JANICE D. FECHHELM is a science teacher at Cypress Grove Intermediate School in College Station, Texas.
- Author(s)Janice D. Fechhelm,John D. McEachran
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1998
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note680 b&w illus., 257 line drawings, 1 map
- Weight2200 g
- Width192 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine68 mm
- Illustrator(s)Janice D. Fechhelm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.