All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe only guide with fishing information for every public lake and stream in the state, home to more than 800,000 anglers. Brand-new, this book covers the state-region by region-from the steelhead springs in the rtheast to the walleye spawning in the western river basins, with a special section on the Ohio River. Each entry describes the water and its game fish population, angling tips, and local regulations as well as advice on boat ramps, parking lots, marinas, lodging, and local attractions for every fishing venue.
- Author BiographyAuthor Tom Cross is chairmen of Ohio's State Record Fish program, having served over 15 years on the Record Fish Committee which oversees all of Ohio's state record fish. The Outdoor Writers of Ohio (OWO) State Record Committee is the official record keeping body for state record fish, which certifies and maintains all of Ohio's state fish records. Tom, an avid fisherman, penned his first fishing column in 1972 for the Clermont Sun newspaper while still in high school at Amelia. After moving to the family farm in Adams County he began writing a locally syndicated outdoor column for the Peoples Defender, The News Democrat, and the Times-Gazette. In 2006 Tom was awarded a 25 year plaque of appreciation from the Peoples Defender. His writings and photos have appeared nationally in Outdoor Life, Field & Stream, and North American Whitetail, and he is frequent guest on various outdoor radio programs. Throughout his years as a writer and photographer, Tom has garnered many awards including the Outstanding Media Achievement Award and the prestigious Lou Klewer Award from the Outdoor Writers of Ohio. Three times he received the coveted Editorial Excellence Award from Brown Publishing. The Adams County Chamber of Commerce selected Tom to receive the Community Service Award for being an advocate for the county through his writings. Tom has been an active member of the Outdoor Writers of Ohio for over 25 years, serving as its president and now as Chairman of the OWO State Record Fish Committee which oversees Ohio's state record fish program. A committee he has served on since 1990. The author is more then a writer, he is a dyed in the wool fisherman having fished in 16 states besides Ohio and Ontario, and has won his share of angling awards. Tom was twice awarded the Kings Trophy by the Kentucky Silver Muskie Club for having released the largest muskie in commonwealth waters, both muskies were over 47 inches. He has caught everything from bonefish in the Florida Keys, to Guadalupe bass in the Texas Hill Country, to bull trout in Montana. While the author is an avid muskie fisherman, he also enjoys fishing for hybrid stripers and wading Ohio streams for smallmouth, steelhead, and trout. Above all Tom is a family man, living on a farm in Winchester, Ohio, that has been in the family since the 1850's with his wife Judy. Together they have raised three children who love to fish. Tom is activity involved in the community as well serving as a township officer and on the executive board for the county travel and visitors' bureau.
- Author(s)Tom Cross
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight26 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.