All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionBobby Bright is a man of simple tastes. He loves the Philadelphia Eagles, scrapple sandwiches, and his stay-at-home girlfriend. But most of all, Bobby loves his hometown, Fishtown, a forgotten community in a crumbling corner of Philadelphia. But when a mysterious artist moves into the abandoned church on his street, Bobby's world begins to change in ways he never imagined. Hipster bars appear in boarded-up store fronts. Sleek condominiums crop up in vacant lots. Suddenly, Bobby is displaced: a stranger in a place that he has kwn his whole life. But as a wave of gentrification washes over Bobby's neighborhood, it also dredges up old secrets, uncovering a buried violence that has lain hidden, slumbering beneath the streets for 20 years.
- Author BiographyAdam Mayle is a novelist and an author of numerous non-fiction articles and essays. Fidel Castro once gave him bottles of rum and boxes of cigars. He was nearly eaten by vampires in Poland. He accomplished a life-long aspiration of slapping Bono. Fishtown is his second novel.
- Author(s)Adam Mayle
- PublisherOrphan House Books
- Date of Publication26/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOrphan House Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Allison Meierding
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.