All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.25Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn the same way as mass-participation events in running have captured the public imagination, cycling events in which everyone can take part have burgeoned in popularity since they were first introduced in the UK in the late 1990s, with a raft of events w covering a range of distances, many selling out within days and offering the chance to be involved to thousands of entrants. Fitter, Further, Faster is a complete guide to how to prepare for road riding and sportive events aimed both at first timers and those more experienced. Organised around a six-month timeline that shows readers how to prepare for an event, it looks at training plans - for speed, endurance, pacing, technique and attitude on climbs - leading up to the event itself and subsequent effective recovery. It covers diet, how to cope in all weathers, the rules and etiquette of road riding, the mind, the body, coping with injuries and breakdowns and on-the-bike nutrition. Showcasing some of the best sportives in the world, the book is filled with high-quality photographs and illustrations, along with case studies and personal accounts from leading riders.
- Author BiographyHannah Reynolds is the editor of the fitness section of Cycling Weekly. She was the first British female finisher in L'Etape du Tour and has finished 5th in La Marmotte. Robert Hicks writes for Cycling Weekly, Cycling Fitness and Cycling Active, covering topics from riding techniques to nutrition, psychology and physiology. Rebecca Charlton has worked as a cycling journalist in online, print and broadcast media for seven years. She has commentated on major cycling events for Sky Sports.
- Author(s)Hannah Reynolds,Rebecca Charlton,Robert Hicks
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight661 g
- Width208 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.