All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionDan Chaon's first collection offers thirteen deft stories detailing the panicked angst of the American generation w approaching thirty. His characters are unnerved by the discrepancy between their youthful expectations and adult reality; they long for understanding and acceptance but are thwarted by failed love, family disruptions, dull work, and sexual confusion. His perfect pitch captures voices that still believe in life, but can't quite manage their lives.
- Author BiographyDan Chaon is the acclaimed author of <i>Among the Missing, </i> which was a finalist for the National Book Award, and<i> You Remind Me of Me</i>, which was named one of the best books of the year by <i>The Washington Post</i>, <i>Chicago Tribune</i>, <i>San Francisco Chronicle</i>, <i>The Christian Science Monitor</i>, and <i>Entertainment Weekly</i>, among other publications. Chaon's fiction has appeared in many journals and anthologies, including The Best American Short Stories, Pushcart Prize, and The O. Henry Prize Stories. He has been a finalist for the National Magazine Award in Fiction, and he was the recipient of the 2006 Academy Award in Literature from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. Chaon lives in Cleveland, Ohio, and teaches at Oberlin College, where he is the Pauline M. Delaney Professor of Creative Writing.</p>
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication31/12/1995
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight408 g
- Width136 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.