All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFind a small cruising sailboat and restore it to pristine condition on a budget that won't sink your budget. Small, trailererable cruising sailboats are more popular than ever as mooring spaces dwindle and marina dockage and winter storage costs soar. Fix It and Sail helps you discover boatloads of fun far less than a single ski weekend or golf club membership. Veteran sailor and journalist Brian Gilbert shows you how to select and inspect a boat, then restore it from keel to rigging. Gilbert's clear, step-by-step instructions guide you through every phase of the restoration process from repairing keels, hulls, ports, and cabins to painting, wiring, and sealing. You'll learn how to evaluate, repair and replace hardware, upholstery, canvaswork, and more. Profusely illustrated appendices give you a vivid picture of the costs, tasks, and labor involved in an actual restoration project.
- Author BiographyBrian Gilbert is a lifelong sailor who lived aboard a Catalina 27 for four years. As a young father with a modest budget, he bought a Venture 22 for $500. The photos of his restoration of that boat are truly inspirational. His sailing articles have appeared in Good Old Boat, Small Craft Advisor, and DIY Marine magazines.
- Author(s)Brian Gilbert
- PublisherInternational Marine Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectWater Sports
- Series TitleInternational Marine-RMP
- Place of PublicationRockport, ME
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInternational Marine Publishing Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight384 g
- Width190 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.