Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFlags of the Fifty States is an indispensable historical reference and a fascinating, beautiful pictorial guide to the rich diversity of America's fifty states. It provides a colorful way to learn about how the United States grew and prospered and shaped itself and its banners over the years. With stunning, full-color reproductions of each flag, this book offers a thorough and eminently readable account of how and why each flag was designed, what the various symbols and figures in the flags mean, and how each flag evolved. Throughout are interesting facts and sidebars that answer such questions as why Alaska is represented by the Big Dipper, what significance the diamond has in the flag of Arkansas, which state features the Union Jack on its flag, and what impact the Civil War had on designs of the state flags of the South.
- Author BiographyRandy Howe is a classroom teacher and the author or editor of several books, including Teacher Haiku, Here We Stand, A+ Educators, and The Quotable Teacher.
- Author(s)Randy Howe
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication10/11/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight37 g
- Width185 mm
- Height187 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.