All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe first attempt at mounting a flamethrower in a German tank was t the result of an engineering design process but rather occurred as a field expedient, when German troops involved in the Spanish Civil War mounted small back-pack flamethrowers on their PzKpfw Is. The German authorities took up this idea and from early 1939 began to design a flamethrowing tank based on the Panzer II. This was the first in a long line of German tanks to be equipped with flamethrowers. During World War II versions of the Panzer III, Sturmgeschutz and half-track were all given flamethrowers. This book examines their development, weapons and operational use, often using original German combat reports.
- Author BiographyHilary Louis Doyle was born in 1943 and has written numerous books on AFV's including the Encylopedia of German Tanks. Hilary lives in Dublin, Ireland, with his wife and three children. Tom Jentz, born in 1946, is one of the world's leading AFV researchers and is best known for the Encyclopedia of German Tanks. Tom lives in Maryland with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Hilary L. Doyle,Thomas L. Jentz
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/09/1995
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey New Vanguard S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 15
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Noteb&w photographs
- Weight178 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Sarson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.