All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuccinct text from photographer Barbara McKenzie and a foreword by Robert Coles provide context for this moving collection of photographs of the middle Georgia Flannery O'Conr depicted in her fiction. Whether capturing highway signs proclaiming Christ or a restaurant five hundred yards up the road, the frenzied motions of persons seized by the Holy Spirit or quiet folks, black and white, sitting on benches in town squares, these photographs portray strikingly and sympathetically the world O'Conr wrote about in her remarkable stories.
- Author BiographyBarbara McKenzie started photographing middle Georgia in 1967 when she moved to Athens, Georgia. She was an associate professor of journalism and mass communications at the University of Georgia and the author of several books, including Mary McCarthy, The Process of Fiction, and Fiction's Journey.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note89 black & white photographs
- Weight318 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byRobert Coles
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.