All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionFlaubert Remembers outlines the coming of age of Gustave Flaubert (1821-1880) as a writer of fiction. Beginning with the juvenilia, which are dominated by autobiographical texts, VanderWolk follows Flaubert's rejection of personal memory in favor of a more impersonal style. Close readings of Madame Bovary and L'Education sentimentale examine the workings of the author's transformed memories as well as those of the characters. Throughout, we the readers are implicated in the creative process through the inclusion of our own memories, be they personal, intertextual or intratextual. Flaubert Remembers listens to the modulations of the music that is creative memory and traces their effect on Flaubert's aesthetic convictions and fictional production.
- Author(s)William VanderWolk
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/1991
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 2: Romance, Languages & Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number148
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1990
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight500 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.