All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
About this product
- Description<b>An Everyman's Library hardcover omnibus edition of two of the Booker Prize-winning author's earliest and most admired vels, neither of which has been available in hardcover for more than two decades. With full-cloth binding, a silk ribbon marker, a chrology, and a new introduction.<i>Flaubert's Parrot</i>, Julian Barnes's breakthrough book shortlisted for the Booker Prize in 1984 is the story of Geoffrey Braithwaite, a retired doctor who is obsessed with the French author and with tracking down a stuffed parrot that once inspired him. Barnes playfully combines a literary detective story with a character study of its detective, embedded in a brilliant riff on literary genius. <i>A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters</i> is a mix of fictional and historical narratives of voyage and discovery ranging from a woodworm's perspective on Noah's ark to a survivor from the sinking of the <i>Titanic</i> that question our ideas of history. One of his most inventive works, it was praised by Salman Rushdie as frequently brilliant, funny, thoughtful, icoclastic, and a delight to read.
- Author BiographyJULIAN BARNES's honors include the Man Booker Prize, the Somerset Maugham Award, the Geoffrey Faber Memorial Prize, and the E. M. Forster Award from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. In 2004 he was named Commandeur de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French Ministry of Culture.
- Author(s)Julian Barnes
- PublisherEveryman's Library
- Date of Publication02/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleEveryman's Library
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Weight599 g
- Width138 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Introduction bySarah Churchwell
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.