All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of Best Local Cuisine (Canada) at the 2012 Gourmand World Cookbook Awards The West Coast has an abundance of produce and natural food resources, and some of the most talented and influential chefs in the world. In this colourful cookbook, British Columbia's top restaurateurs, chefs, and foodies share signature dishes that will inspire cooks everywhere. Meet the province's well-kwn and up-and-coming culinary stars as they reveal recipes and stories from their kitchens. Inspired by the popular television program Flavours of the West Coast, the cookbook aims to support the farmers, chefs, and food producers who make the local food scene possible. Divided into sections based on region--River and Sea, Forest and Field, Farm Fresh, and City Cuisine--the pages are filled with photos and recipes by talented foodies who all have one thing in common: a love of fresh, locally inspired cuisine and a desire to share that love with the at-home cook.With recipes from Chef Vikram Vij, owner of Vij's Restaurant, Vancouver; Carolyn Herriot, author of The Zero Mile Diet; Executive Chef Matthew Batey, Mission Hill Family Estate, Kelowna; Chef Jared Qwustenuxun Williams, Quwutsu'un Centre, Duncan; Chef John Cantin, John's Place, Victoria; and many others.
- Author BiographyNine years ago, Karen Davies and her husband, Dai, launced Cedarwood Productions in Victoria. They created the television series Flavours of the West Coast to celebrate local and sustainable producers and growers, as well as BC's top chefs. Now in its third season, the series is steadily growing in popularity and followers, and is the second most widely viewed show on CHEK, after the news. It is hosted by award-winning chef Steve Walker-Duncan.Please visit cedarwoodproductions.net. Trained under the tutelage of chefs throughout Canada and Europe, award-winning chef Steve Walker-Duncan worked at M. Albert Roux catering to royal and celebrity guests. He has been in the food industry for more than twenty-five years and boasts a string of certifications to his name, including twice being voted Chef of the Year by his peers in the Victoria branch of the Canadian Culinary Federation. Steve brings his trademark bonhomie and good humour, combined with his culinary expertise, to Flavours of the West Coast, a vast tour of the West Coast's hottest food spots.
- Author(s)Cedarwood Productions
- PublisherTouchWood Editions
- Date of Publication04/09/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationVictoria, BC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTouchWood Editions
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight456 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.