All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionMost Christians believe that the Bible holds the answers to their questions about daily living, and that reading the Scriptures will show them good examples to follow for their own lives. Think for a moment and try to list a few examples of healthy families in the Bible who are ideals worth emulating. Having trouble? The families of the Bible were far from perfect, and t so different in that regard from our imperfect families today. In Flawed Families of the Bible, a New Testament scholar (David) and a professor of social work (Diana) take a real and close look at the actual families of the Bible. This honest book will inspire and encourage readers with its focus on the overarching theme of hope and grace for families, showing that it is in the imperfect places that we can catch a glimpse of grace. Perfect for pastors, counselors, and anyone in a flawed family.
- Author BiographyDavid E. Garland (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is associate dean for academic affairs and William M. Hinson Professor of Christian Scriptures at George W. Truett Theological Seminary, Baylor University. He is the author of numerous books, including award-winning commentaries on 1 Corinthians and Mark. Diana R. Garland (PhD, University of Louisville) is professor and dean of the School of Social Work at Baylor University and founding director of the Baylor Center for Family and Community Ministries. She is the author of Sacred Stories of Ordinary Families: Living the Faith Everyday and Family Ministry: A Comprehensive Guide. David and Diana are also coauthors of Beyond Companionship and Marriage for Better or Worse.
- Author(s)David E. Garland,Diana R. Garland
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrazos Press, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.