All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.40
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.69
About this product
- DescriptionSome would bend. Some would break. All would be tested. When the great war began powered flight was seen as a velty with practical military use. As soon as it was realised that trench warefare denied the cavalry the ability to out flank the enemy, the task fell to aviators to perform reconnaissance by flying above the battlefield. It did t take long for everyone to realise that these machines needed to be stopped, and thus began the arms race of epic proportions. In just a few short years, aircraft were commonplace and longer a velty - air power had forever changed the face of modern warfare. Fledglings is a vel that follows a cast of characters throughout this era of mass destruction, in a war that claimed close to twenty million lives. It explores many aspects of aerial combat - from the trial and error of equipment and tactics, to the varied personalities and their interactions with a world in turmoil. Regardless of temperament, there are occasions when one man may act with compassion, and the next day mete out horrific brutality. Acts of greatness are often simply a matter of perspective. War is a lottery, and its outcomes are t decided by concepts of hour or worthiness.
- Author BiographyNorman Mjadwesch has always had an interest in creative writing, history and statistical analysis, but following advice from his school's careers advisor he was steered towards studying psychology at Charles Sturt University. Having thus completed a degree not well suited to his character he then turned his back on academia and spent the next few decades working on farms, driving trucks and learning martial arts so that life as a doorman would be less hazardous to his health. When his body was sufficiently pulverised after many years of physical abuse he turned back to a quieter lifestyle and now spends his days trying to make a living with words. He has written several books on varied topics, but a favourite theme is that simulations of real life events can be constructed using mathematical algorithms. His first few works are based on models that can be played as dice games. He is now branching out into novels - historical fiction is harder to write than it appears, but doesn't hurt half as much as a back kick to the nuts.
- Author(s)Norman Mjadwesch
- PublisherTooth and Claw Productions
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintTooth and Claw Productions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.