Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionInternational best-selling author Terry Deary reinvents the myth of Prometheus, the Titan who stole fire from the gods and gave it to the human race. To escape the gods' revenge, Prometheus travels through time to a murky metropolis called Eden City. There he befriends a motley assortment of comic characters and learns what humans have done with his gift of fire. Enter our narrator: the resourceful and plucky 12 year old Nell. She and her crafty Pa travel the city with their stage show getting their audiences to open up their pockets and purses. With the help of Nell, Terry Deary masterfully interweaves two plots, with the action jumping at a whirlwind pace from a ramshackle Eden City of 1795 to Mount Olympus. Meet Zeus, Hera, Achilles and Paris - but as you've never seen them before...Prometheus has a soft spot for humans in need, but using his powers to get his new friends out of trouble will betray his hiding place to the gods!
- Author BiographyTerry Deary writes both fiction and non-fiction. The Fire Thief was Terry's 150th book published in the UK. Many of his books have been translated into 28 languages and appear in another 250 editions around the world. Terry is most famous for his Horrible Histories series (Scholastic) of which 20 million copies of the series have been sold worldwide and which ITV recently turned them into a TV series. Terry has won numerous awards, including being voted by Blue Peter viewers as author of the Best Knowledge Book of all Time and the Best Non-fiction Author of the Century . He also dominates the annual list for children's library borrowings.
- Author(s)Terry Deary
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/09/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKingfisher Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date18/05/2011
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Interest Age9+
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.