All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new 'Multi-Coloured Manual' This book is a successor to and replacement for the highly respected manual and handbook on the benefits of flood and coastal risk management, produced by the Flood Hazard Research Centre at Middlesex University, UK, with support from Defra and the Environment Agency. It builds upon a previous book kwn as the multi-coloured manual (2005), which itself was a synthesis of the blue (1977), red (1987) and yellow manuals (1992). As such it expands and updates this work, to provide a manual of assessment techniques of flood risk management benefits, indirect benefits, and coastal erosion risk management benefits. It has three key aims. First it provides methods and data which can be used for the practical assessment of schemes and policies. Secondly it describes new research to update the data and improve techniques. Thirdly it explains the limitations and complications of Benefit-Cost Analysis, to guide decision-making on investment in river and coastal risk management schemes.
- Author BiographyAll the authors work at or in conjunction with the Flood Hazard Research Centre (FHRC) at Middlesex University, London, UK. The FHRC has a distinguished 40-year history of interdisciplinary research in this field. It has been commended for this by two Chief UK Government Scientific Advisors, Sir David King and Sir John Beddington, and by the award of a prestigious Queen's Anniversary Prize. This book is an output of new research projects and activities carried out under the joint sponsorship of the UK's Environment Agency and the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs following the severe flooding in the UK in 2007.
- Author(s)Christophe Viavattene,Damon Owen,Dennis Parker,Edmund Penning-Rowsell,Joe Morris,John Chatterton,Sally Priest,Sylvia Tunstall
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note210 black & white illustrations, 149 black & white tables
- Weight1043 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.