All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIt's that sort of artwork which looks like it was never made by anyone, it simply exists in its own realm. --Paul Pope, Battling Boy Airbrushed insanity. --Daniel Lopatin, Oneohtrix Point Never Floodgate Companion is comprised of previously unseen artwork recalling the heyday of paperback sci-fi, experimental animation, and the outsider realm of artist-released jazz and psychedelic records. This book brings the viewer into a world uniquely Beatty's own, moving stylistically through ink drawings, digital airbrush paintings, and psychedelic op-art collage framed in asemic type to create a cosmic and immersive artifact. Robert Beatty emerged from the mid-2000s American ise music underground to become one of the most sought-after figures in contemporary album art, designing upwards of seventy-five record covers in the past ten years. His designs include award-winning album covers and logos for Tame Impala, Oneohtrix Point Never, Neon Indian, Real Estate, and Peaking Lights. In addition to album art Beatty creates installations and illustrations for publications as diverse as Lucky Peach, The Wire Magazine, and The New York Times. His artwork and design has been featured in the art comic anthologies Mould Map and Kramers Ergot. Robert was the first artist featured in Pitchfork.tv's documentary series Pitchfork Unsung, focusing on individuals who've made significant contributions to music but remain outside the spotlight.
- Author BiographyRobert Beatty is an artist and musician born in 1981 in Lexington, Kentucky, where he works and lives. Beatty emerged from the mid 2000's American noise music underground to become one of the most sought after figures in contemporary album art, designing upwards of 75 record covers in the past 10 years. His designs include award winning album covers and logos for Tame Impala, Oneohtrix Point Never, Neon Indian, Real Estate, Peaking Lights and countless others. In addition to album art Beatty creates installations, illustrations for publications as diverse as Lucky Peach, The Wire Magazine, and the New York Times, and his artwork and design has been featured in the art comic anthologies Mould Map, Nazi Knife and Kramers Ergot. Robert was the first artist featured in Pitchfork.tv's documentary series Pitchfork Unsung , focusing on individuals who've made significant contributions to music but remain outside the spotlight. Taking aesthetic cues from airbrushed cosmic album art and avant garde animation of decades past, Beatty updates the style utilizing an idiosyncratic combination of digital and hand drawn techniques resulting in a timeless feel. Robert performs and records music solo as Three Legged Race and is a member of the band Hair Police and has recorded and toured with C. Spencer Yeh's Burning Star Core and numerous other bands. In 2014 he released a collection of soundtracks composed to accompany a range of video work by innovative digital artist, Takeshi Murata.
- Author(s)Robert Beatty
- PublisherAlternative Comics
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationFL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFloating World Comics
- Content NoteColor illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width190 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Artist(s)Robert Beatty
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.