Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionFlora Celtica - Plants and People in Scotland documents the continuously evolving relationship between the Scots and their environment. Based on a mixture of detailed research and information provided by the public, this book explores the remarkable diversity of ways that native plants have been, and continue to be, used in Scotland. The information is presented in clear and accessible format and is laced with quotations, illustrations, case studies and practical tips. The book covers the complete spectrum of plant uses, addressing their diverse roles in our diet, healthcare, culture, housing, language, environment, crafts, and much more. It is ideal as a reference book and also a delight to dip into for all those with a passion for natural history. It is illustrated in colour throughout.
- Author BiographyDr William Milliken, one of Britain's leading ethnobotanists, is currently a Research Associate at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh. He is a foremost expert on plants and their uses, both overseas and in the UK. He divides his attentions between biodiversity issues in the UK, applied research projects in countries such as Brazil and Sri Lanka, and freelance writing, lecturing, photography and broadcasting. A botanist at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, Sam Bridgewater spent the first part of his career researching patterns of plant diversity in South and Central America. His is an expert on the floras of Central Brazil, Peru and Belize. He lectures on botany at Edinburgh University and has broadcast on many aspects of plant science for Radio Scotland.
- Author(s)Sam Bridgewater,William Milliken
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication03/06/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Out-of-print date13/01/2017
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1438 g
- Width241 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.