Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $75.82
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionTen-year-old Helen and her summer guardian, Flora, are isolated together in Helen's dilapidated family home while her father is doing secret war work during the final months of the Second World War. At three Helen lost her mother and the beloved grandmother who raised her has just died. A fiercely imaginative child, Helen is desperate to keep her house intact with all its ghosts and stories. Flora, her late mother's twenty-two-year old first cousin, who cries at the drop of a hat, is ardently determined to do her best for Helen. Their relationship and its fallout, played against the backdrop of a lost America, will haunt Helen for the rest of her life.
- Author BiographyGail Godwin is a three-time National Book Award finalist and the bestselling author of thirteen critically acclaimed novels, including Violet Clay, Father Melancholy's Daughter, Evensong, The Good Husband and Evenings at Five. She is also the author of Heart and The Making of a Writer, her journal in two volumes. She has received a Guggenheim Fellowship, National Endowment for the Arts grants for both fiction and libretto writing, and the Award in Literature from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. Gail Godwin lives in Woodstock, New York. Visit her website at www.gailgodwin.com
- Author(s)Gail Godwin
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight212 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.