All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionApolline has tea at Cafe de Flore in her chic Parisian neighborhood every week with her mother and grandmother. But today, after the teatime routine, she dares to return alone... for an intriguing encounter. Flore is the first in a series of Cafe Life stories by Adria J. Cimi. In this volume, it is accompanied by Love Unlocked, one of the author's stories from the anthology That's Paris. If you'd like to try the ebook before you buy, it's free if you join Adria's mailing list: http: //eepurl.com/8y0K1. Interview with the Author Q. What was your inspiration to write Paris, Rue des Martyrs ? A. City life inspired me. The idea that every day, we might pass the same people as we walk down the street, yet what do we kw about their lives? What would happen if our paths crossed? One of my favorite genres is literary fiction, so I decided to write a vel in that vein about life-changing encounters. Q. What kind of story is Paris, Rue des Martyrs ? Will it make us laugh, cry? A. I hope it will be an emotional read. Paris, Rue des Martyrs is about the importance of encounters. It is a love story, a story of friendship and family relationships. A mother-daughter relationship and a father-son relationship are integral to the plot. The vel is about love and loss, and healing wounds of the past. It is about city life & coming of age. And it is a Paris romance story, of course. Q. So many books have been written with Paris as the setting. What sets yours apart? A. Many books are about the Paris of berets and baguettes. Paris, Rue des Martyrs is about the reality of Paris life... living in a Montmartre neighborhood, sitting at a cafe, being Parisian by adoption in this melting pot of a city. It also has diverse characters, one of whom is deaf. There's t much in deaf fiction these days, so I was happy to take on that angle. Q. Tell us about your other books. A. Before Paris is the prequel to Paris, Rue des Martyrs. It delves into Rafael's past in the emerald mines of Colombia. I've also written ather literary fiction romance vel, Close to Destiny. It's magical realism romance about righting the wrongs of the past. Some readers have compared it to The Time Traveler's Wife. And I contributed to the literary fiction collections That's Paris and Legacy.
- Author BiographyAdria J. Cimino is the author of Amazon Best Selling novel Paris, Rue des Martyrs and novel Close to Destiny, as well as the novella Before Paris, and contributed stories to That's Paris and Legacy. She also co-founded boutique publishing house Velvet Morning Press. Prior to jumping into the publishing world full time, she spent more than a decade as a journalist at news organizations including The AP and Bloomberg News. Adria is a member of Tall Poppy Writers, a community of writing professionals committed to connecting authors with each other and with readers. In addition to writing fiction and discovering new authors, Adria writes about her real-life adventures at AdriaJCimino.com and on Twitter @Adria_in_Paris. She lives in the 10th arrondissement of Paris with her husband Didier and daughter Phedre. When she isn't writing, you can find Adria at her neighborhood cafe watching the world go by.
- Author(s)Adria J Cimino
- PublisherVelvet Morning Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVelvet Morning Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight41 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.