All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt isn't without reasonthat Florence has been consistently ranked among the world's best cities tovisit. Young and old, singles and families, culture buffs and gourmets,fashionistas, shoppers and globetrotters can all have a good time in thissophisticated and atmospheric city. With Marco Polo Florence you'll discoverone of the world's great art Meccas. This practical, pocket-sized guide takesyou back to the era of the Medici, when the city was home to the world's mostrewned artists. You can admire their sculptures and paintings in the city'sunique museums and churches, before relaxing in the idyllic gardens of one ofits mighty palazzi. The Insider Tips propose a visit to the Market where you can join theFlorentines for a stand-up lunch at Nerbone, or to the old Teatro del Sale fora real culinary treat. Panels in each chapter propose things to do if you're ona tight budget and where to pick up some real bargains. The Best Of pageshighlight some unique aspects of Florence, recommend places to go for free, andcontain tips for rainy days and where you can relax and chill out. The CityWalks guide you through the city along well-kwn thoroughfares as well asunfamiliar alleys: a bus takes you to some great viewpoints, and when you getto Fiesole the city lies at your feet. Finally the Dos & Don'ts advise tokeep calm when looking for a house number and deciding which chic shoes to buy. Marco Polo Florence provides comprehensive coverage of all areas of the city.To help you find your way around there's a detailed street atlas inside, apractical plan of bus routes in the backcover, plus a handy pull-out map. Amust-have for all travellers, including those who haven't bought a travel guidein the past.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight272 g
- Width109 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Sheet map
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $32.92
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $28.36
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $12.87
- AU $7.31Trending at AU $12.23
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.56
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.