All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionHenry Morrison Flagler (1830-1913) was a railroad tycoon and partner with John D. Rockefeller in the Standard Oil Company. Although most of his fortune was made in the North, he devoted the better part of his life and his wealth to the development of Florida. Published in 1949, Florida's Flagler was the first biography of Flagler, tracing his life from his heritage and youth through his early dealings in grain, his association with Rockefeller, and his later activities in Florida. Sidney Walter Martin presents a colorful and authoritative account of the accomplishments and failures of this controversial figure.
- Author BiographySidney Walter Martin (1911-2000) spent the majority of his career teaching at the University of Georgia. He served as the president of Emory University from 1957-1962 and later became vice-chancellor for academic affairs of the University System of Georgia.
- Author(s)Sidney Walter Martin
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.