Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFloss is a young border collie who belongs to an old man in a town and loves playing ball with the children in the park. The old man's son is a farmer and needs a new sheepdog to replace Nell, who has grown too old to work, so the old man decides to give his son Floss. Somewhere in her memory Floss kws about sheep and she soon learns how to be a sheepdog. But one day when Floss is on the hillside herding sheep, she sees the children playing with a new ball and can't resist joining in. Meanwhile the sheep escape - and the farmer is very angry. Floss is put in the doghouse, while Nell rounds up the sheep. But after this Floss becomes a very good sheepdog - although, when she has time, she still likes to play ball with the children. Kim Lewis has written three other books set on a Northumberland sheep farm, Emma's Lamb , First Sw and The Shepherd Boy which was shortlisted for the 1991 Kate Greenaway Medal.
- Author BiographyKim Lewis is a Canadian-born artist, printmaker, author and illustrator. Her titles for children include Just Like Floss, Little Baa and Goodnight Harry, the first in a popular series about a cuddly toy elephant. Many of her picture books have been set in Northumberland where she lives with her family.
- Author(s)Kim Lewis
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/1993
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight171 g
- Width260 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kim Lewis
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $20.84Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.53
- AU $10.61Trending at AU $14.16
- AU $7.66Trending at AU $10.30
- AU $11.78Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $8.00Trending at AU $9.38
- AU $7.53Trending at AU $13.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.