Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionIn many plants, vibration and ise problems occur due to fluid flow which can greatly disrupt smooth plant operations. These flow-related phemena are called Flow-Induced Vibration. This book explains how and why such vibrations happen and provides hints and tips on how to avoid them in future plant design. The world-leading author team doesn't assume prior kwledge of mathematical methods and provide the reader with information on the basics of modeling. The book includes several practical examples and thorough explanations of the structure, the evaluation method and the mechanisms to aid understanding of flow induced vibration. It helps ensure smooth plant operations. It explains the structure, evaluation method and mechanisms. It shows how to avoid vibrations in future plant design.
- Author BiographyProfessor of Mechanical Engineering at Osaka Sangyo University, Professor Nakamura has over thirty years of experience of working with fluid dynamics. Professor Kaneko is Vice Chairman of the Engineering Education Committee at the University of Tokyo, with a specialist interest in researching Flow Induced Vibration and Vibration Control. He has received a number of awards in the fields of Mechanical and Design Engineering, and published over 30 papers.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication13/06/2008
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Out-of-print date27/05/2016
- Content NoteApprox. 220 illustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byShigehiko Kaneko,Tomomichi Nakamura
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.