All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionFrom acclaimed writer Beth Kephart, author of A Slant of Sun, comes a short, imaginative telling of the life of the Schuylkill River, which has served as the source of Philadelphia's water, power, industry, and beauty for the city's entire life. Before that, it fed the indigeus people who preceded William Penn, and has since time immemorial shape our region.
- Author BiographyBeth Kephart is the award-winning author of five memoirs, including Still Love in Strange Places and the March 2005 Book Sense pick Ghosts in the Garden. She has been nominated for a National Book Award, has been awarded grants from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Pew Fellowships in the Arts, and has won the national Speakeasy Poetry Prize. She has written for The New York Times, Washington Post Book World, Chicago Tribune, Salon.com, Philadelphia magazine, and The Philadelphia Inquirer, among other publications, and her essays are frequently anthologized.
- Author(s)Beth Kephart
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/06/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width3556 mm
- Height5334 mm
- Spine407 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.