Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the follow-up to The Fine Art of Flower Arranging , representing more than 130 American amateur flower arrangers. Showcasing more than 200 designs by more than 130 gifted amateur arrangers from all over the United States under the auspices of the World Association of Flower Arrangers (WAFA), Flower Arranging the American Way is a contemporary celebration of an art form dating back to the third millennium BC. Superbly photographed by Mick Hales and other talented photographers, with each arrangement explained in clear and inviting detail by author Nancy D'Oench, the selection of designs shown here is distinctly American. In addition to flowers and foliage native to the area, each designer has cleverly incorporated natural materials from the seashore, the roadside and even the compost heap, as well as fine glass, ceramic, metal and plastic artworks, to make dramatic mixed-media creations. Arrangers at all skill levels will find inspiration and advice aplenty, including some sophisticated techniques from around the world contributed by fellow WAFA members.
- Author BiographyNancy D'Oench is a writer, award-winning flower arranger, lecturer, flower-show judge and longtime member of the Garden Club of America. Bonny Martin is the owner and designer of magnificent gardens in Memphis, Tennessee. Mick Hales is a noted landscape photographer and writer whose work has been published in books and magazines around the world. He is both author and photographer of Gardens Around the World: 365 Days; 212 Views of Central Park; and Monastic Gardens and photographer of The Fine Art of Flower Arranging, Private Newport: At Home and in the Garden and Gardens Private & Personal.
- Author(s)Nancy D'Oench
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Note252 full-colour photographs
- Weight1840 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Photographs byMick Hales
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.