All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- Description<b>?A work of stunning lyricism and intense originality?(Mary Gordon, author of <i>Pearl</i>).</b> From an award-winning short story writer comes this spare, lively, moving vel, quickly embraced by critics and readers, portraying the strangely celebrated and unsupervised childhood of four hippie offspring in the 1970s and 80s. Based on the author's own upbringing, <i>Flower Children</i> tells the story of four children growing up in rural Pennsylvania, impossibly at odds with their surroundings. In time, as the sheltered utopia their parents have created begins to collapse, the children long for structure and restraint?and all their parents have avoided.
- Author BiographyMaxine Swann has been awarded <i>Ploughshares </i> Cohen Award for best fiction of the year, an O. Henry Award, and a Pushcart Prize, and her work has been included in <i>The Best American Short Stories</i> of 1998 and 2006. Her first novel, <i>Serious Girls</i>, was published in 2003. Swann, who has lived in Paris and Pakistan, now lives in Buenos Aires.
- Author(s)Maxine Swann
- PublisherRiverhead Books
- Date of Publication03/06/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books
- Weight159 g
- Width125 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.