All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.09
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.81
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.01
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.39
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.46
About this product
- DescriptionFlowers carry out a vital job for all flowering plants, they enable plants to reproduce. This book provides readers with a complete and comprehensive understanding of the role of flowers, their structure and how they are brilliantly designed to do this job. Clear diagrams, engaging text, and stunning photographs are used to explain the parts of a flowering plant, the parts of a flower, how different flowers are pollinated, how seeds are made, how flowers become fruit, how flowers vary, and our relationship with flowers. A wide range of examples present readers with flowers they will be familiar with plus spectacular and unusual examples from around the world. These demonstrate what flowers have in common and some incredible adaptations that allow plants to attract different pollinators and to survive in different conditions and habitats. Two simple activities help stimulate thought, reinforce learning, and bring the concepts to life.
- Author BiographyMelanie Waldron worked in children's publishing for many years before becoming a full-time author. She has written many non-fiction books for young people and specializes in science and geography topics.
- Author(s)Melanie Waldron
- PublisherCapstone Global Library Ltd
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleRaintree Perspectives: Plant Parts
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width195 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Illustrator(s)HL Studios
- Format DetailsSewn
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.