All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Art Handbooks provide the best in art tuition in a small, handy format, covering all the major aspects of painting and drawing in various media. There is excellent advice on what materials are needed and on basic techniques, followed by step-by-step demonstrations with clear photographs of each stage and easy to follow instructions. Wendy Tait's excellent introduction to painting flowers in watercolour provides and inspirational and practical guide to producing beautiful flower paintings in this medium. There is clear information on what materials you need and on choosing colours, composition and painting terms such as counterchange, lost and found edges and aerial perspective. Skills are then built up through seven beautiful step by step demonstrations including primroses, pansies and heather, anemones, cyclamen, roses and a mixed bunch of flowers. Beginners can use the book as a course in watercolour flower painting, while more experienced artists will be inspired by the beautiful paintings and expert advice. The Art Handbooks were originally published in a larger format as the best-selling Step by Step Leisure Arts series.
- Author BiographyWendy Tait studied at the Joseph Wright School of Art. She now teaches watercolour painting to adults, runs residential courses and often gives demonstrations to Art Societies. She produces designs for publication as greetings cards, and in 1998 was commissioned by the Jersey government to produce a series of autumn flower paintings for postage stamps. She has also written articles and produced illustrations for specialist art magazines.
- Author(s)Wendy Tait
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleArt Handbooks
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width155 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine4 mm
Most relevant reviews
- jnel21009 Nov, 2014by
Very good book for beginners.
Very good book for beginners. I have started painting impressionist style flowers after reading this book.
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.