Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1987, Floyd Miley signed with the Volunteers, the result of years of determination and hard work. What should have been one of the happiest times in his life became one of his darkest. After feeling betrayed by the coaches, Floyd's life started to spiral out of control and he began to self-destruct. Two years of setbacks, mistakes, and self-inflicted obstacles caused academic and athletic failure. With his scholarship on the line, Floyd overcame systemic failures to make one of the biggest plays in Tennessee history. Trailing 31-7 minutes before halftime, Darryl Hardy blocked the field goal attempt and Floyd raced 85 yards for a touchdown igniting an improbable comeback against Notre Dame in the Miracle at South Bend. Twenty-five years later, Floyd revisits the game giving his readers behind the scenes pitfalls, obstacles and challenges that threatened his destiny.
- Author BiographyOvercoming adversity is an invaluable skill that Floyd has mastered. As a youth, he overcame the stigma of an At-risk youth to earn a football scholarship to the University of Tennessee. The Volunteer overcame systemic failure to have an outstanding career. He was a two-year starter; two-time Sporting News All SEC 2nd Team; four year letterman; and recipient of the Andy Spiva Award for Most Improved Defensive Player. The legend will always be highly regarded in Tennessee football lore for his 85-yard blocked field goal return for a touchdown igniting the improbable comeback win against Notre Dame in the Miracle at South Bend. Currently, he is a Sales Support Sr. Analyst with Dell working exclusively with Symantec. He has enjoyed successful tenures with other Fortune 500 companies such as Service Source International, Inc., Sprint and SunTrust Bank. He holds a theology degree from American Baptist College in Nashville, MBA from Strayer University, and a degree in Sociology from Tennessee. In 2016, he launched Iron Sharpens Iron, Inc., an organization dedicated to empowering and uplifting the black community allocating resources economically, legally, and socially that will enhance quality of life. Floyd is garnering considerable acclaim from literary critics and audiences as an aspiring author, bible scholar, speaker, minister, and entrepreneur. Since 2014, Floyd has been an annual keynote presenter at the Annual Black Issues Conferences at the University of Tennessee. He has made guest appearances or been featured in/on News Channel 5 Sports Line, The New York Times, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, Goforthe2.com, The Sports Source, American Hope Radio, Just Men TV, The Sports Animal, Knoxville News Sentinel, The Tennessean, and Marvin West's 'Legends of the Tennessee Vols.
- Author(s)Floyd D a Miley III
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.