All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe?rstGermanedition of thebook Fluiddynamicsofpackedcolumns with modern random and structured packings for gas/liquid systems was published in 1991. It sold out within a few years. Added to this were numerous enquiries, in particular within the industry, prompting me to publish a second, extended edition. A packed column remains the core element of any diffusional separation process. This underlines the need for basic design principles for packed columns, which enhance the design process by making it more accurate and reliable. The SBD (suspended bed of droplets) model introduced in the ?rst German edition of the book was well received by the experts and is w used by a large number of com- nies in the industry, as it offers improved reliability in the ?uid dynamic design of packed columns. For the purpose of facilitating the design process, the SBD model was in- grated into the simulation programme ChemCAD. The software programme FDPAK, which is available for Windows, has certainly contributed to the widespread use of the SBD model. The programme is very user-friendly and the calculation results are p- sented in tabular as well as graphic form, showing ?ood load, pressure drop and hold-up diagrams in the entire operating range.
- Author BiographyDr.-Ing. habil. Jerzy Mackowiak studied at Wroclaw University of Technology (Poland) where he gained his degree (Dipl.-Ing., 1970) and doctorate (Dr.-Ing., 1975) in Chemical Engineering. He subsequently studied Mathematics at Wroclaw University. From 1976 to 1989, he worked at the Institute for Thermal Separation Processes of Bochum University, where his final post was as Academic Director. During this time, he created a database containing fluid dynamics and mass transfer data for the design of packed and tray columns. Since 1989, he has been Managing Director of Envicon Engineering GmbH, now Envimac Engineering GmbH, in Oberhausen, Germany and Envimac Polska Sp. z o.o., Poland. He completed his habilitation at Wroclaw University in 1991. Since 2004 he has been working as an external lecturer at the Institute of Fluid Separation Processes of the Technical University in Dortmund. He is the author/co-author of more than 120 publications and holds 15 patents.
- Author(s)Jerzy Mackowiak
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication21/12/2009
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleVDI-Buch / Chemische Technik / Verfahrenstechnik
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note32 black & white tables, biography
- Weight800 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byClaudia Hall
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.