All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFly-Casting Finesse reveals expert John L. Field's secrets of fly-casting based on modern observation, Field's experience as an angler and casting teacher, and his collaboration with international members of casting clubs and schools. Whether the reader is a salt- or freshwater angler, Fly-Casting Finesse will help the caster increase accuracy and distance as well as hone presentation. It runs the gamut from one-hand spey techniques to dealing with wind on the flats. Although t a complete casting curriculum, the purpose of the book is to help anglers learn how to achieve more and kw where to get assistance. Many of the skills at the highest levels of fly-casting require an educated sense of feeling in the rod hand that enables the caster to use finesse and seemingly minimal effort to manipulate the rod and line. The book will guide people down the path of acquiring that magical touch. According to Field's philosophy, readers should first learn all casting styles and techniques to adapt them for any species and location they encounter, and secondly, they should kw the history and purpose of presentation, so they can be invative in the future. In applying this book to angling, he's t trying to teach the reader how to catch more fish; he's trying to help the reader catch the fish he or she wants. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for fishermen. Our books for anglers include titles that focus on fly fishing, bait fishing, fly-casting, spin casting, deep sea fishing, and surf fishing. Our books offer both practical advice on tackle, techniques, kts, and more, as well as lyrical prose on fishing for bass, trout, salmon, crappie, baitfish, catfish, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyJohn L. Field is an FFF Certified Master Casting Instructor. He is currently president of the American Casting Association and past-president of the New York City Chapter of Trout Unlimited. His writing and photography have been published in Fly Fisherman, In-Fisherman, North American Fisherman, Canadian Sportfishing, and Chevy Outdoors magazines. John filmed and co-produced Hunt for Big Fish, which aired on ESPN and other cable networks. John, his wife Edina, and their two little children live in Weston, Connecticut.
- Author(s)John Langston Field
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content Note50 color photos, 50 color illustrations
- Weight871 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byMacauley Lord
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.