Fly-Fishing Advice from an Old-Timer: A Practical Guide to the Sport and its Language by Ed Quigley (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith decades of fly-fishing experience, Ed Quigley is the perfect candidate to provide fly-fishing kw-how to prospective flyfishers. For those new to fly fishing as well as for experienced anglers looking to add some secrets to their own bags of tricks, Fly-Fishing Advice from an Old-Timer will illuminate the fly-fishing world. Richly illustrated and clearly written, Quigley includes down-to-earth explanations of the basics, detailed discussions of advanced topics, and ingenious tips and compelling anecdotes from his own years of experience fly fishing streams from Labrador to Costa Rica and beyond. Readers will discover: When to use emergers, caddis flies, midges, and cripples How to create flies literally on the fly right on the stream How to choose the best rods, reels, lines, waders, and leaders The real secret to playing a fish The lowdown on winter fishing And much more! Along with his own personal advice, Quigley provides answers on where to find more information on each topic: websites, articles, DVDs, and books. His must-read list of fly-fishing books with his own comments on the most useful information in each ties together one of the most comprehensive fly-fishing books ever written. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for fishermen. Our books for anglers include titles that focus on fly fishing, bait fishing, fly-casting, spin casting, deep sea fishing, and surf fishing. Our books offer both practical advice on tackle, techniques, kts, and more, as well as lyrical prose on fishing for bass, trout, salmon, crappie, baitfish, catfish, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyEd Quigley is a freelance writer whose work has appeared on the Op-Ed pages of the Chicago Tribune, the New York Times, the Philadelphia Inquirer, and the Wall Street Journal. He lives in Lansdale, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Ed Quigley
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note82 B&W illustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.