All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionPrivy to the details of all your secret moments, all your misdeeds, private conversations and indulgences, the fly on the wall is neutral. It doesn't care that you cheat on your income tax, it won't stop you from jumping, and it won't call the police when you eliminate the neighbor's cat. It sees you spike the punch, touch yourself, curse your spouse, and switch your Scrabble tiles when your opponent leaves to pee. The Fly on the Wall is a finely illustrated collection of short punch fiction stories intended for adults. Inspired by the age-old expression, Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall for that conversation? the creators have teamed up to explore what some of these private conversations, moments, and encounters might be like. The short stories and pen-and-ink drawings throughout The Fly on the Wall are dark and subversive by nature, with an inherent wry humor prevalent throughout. Along with the fly, the reader eavesdrops on church confessionals, jail visits, funeral homes, assisted suicide, hitchhiking, cross-dressing, alcoholism, and murder . . . to name a few. With arresting visuals and reminiscent of the storytelling in a Robert Altman film, The Fly on the Wall is a collection that is sure to provoke, shock, and inspire.
- Author BiographyJason Brink has published short fiction in the University of Victoria's Inner Harbour Review and won the Praxis Screenplay Competition for his feature length drama, Summer Fallow. He lives in Red Deer, Alberta.Jim Westergard's wood engravings and drawings have been exhibited internationally. He is the author and illustrator of Mother Goose Eggs, sunnyside up (Porcupine's Quill). He lives in Red Deer, Alberta.
- Author(s)Jason Brink
- PublisherECW Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintECW Press
- Weight476 g
- Width147 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jim Westergard
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.