All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDario Fo is Italy's leading contemporary playwright and performer, rewned throughout the world for his dazzling radical satires Can't Pay Won't Pay is set in Milan, but the problems are desperately familiar...Fo-faced farce wears a broad smile and proceeds at breathtaking speed (Michael Coveney, Financial Times); Elizabeth It portrays our last Tudor monarch in Fo's characteristically rollicking vein...A triumph for Gillian Hanna as translator (Marin Hoyle, Financial Times); The Open Couple and An Ordinary Day, written with Franca Rame, deal wittily with the fate of women in a society in which both the social system in which they live and its dominant ideology are shaped by men.
- Author BiographyA popular and controversial playwright, actor and director, Dario Fo has earned international acclaim for his political satires and farces, and has led the field in political satire in Europe for over thirty years. His best known plays include Accidental Death of an Anarchist, We Won't Pay! We Won't Pay!, and Orgasmo Adulto Escapes from the Zoo. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1997 for emulating the jesters of the Middle Ages in scourging authority and upholding the dignity of the downtrodden.
- Author(s)Dario Fo,Franca Rame
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/03/1994
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleContemporary Dramatists
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Weight270 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byLeno Pertile,Gillian Hanna,Stuart Hood
- Introduction byStuart Hood
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.