All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you play to win? Or do you play t to lose? As Tory Higgins and Heidi Grant Halvorson have discovered in their work at Columbia University's Motivation Science Center, everything we do is motivated either by a desire to be better off or to simply hang on to what we've got. And understanding the simple but crucial difference between the two can empower you to motivate yourself and influence everyone around you. Examining how promotion/prevention focus applies across a wide range of situations-from selling products to managing employees to raising children to getting a second date-Halvorson and Higgins show us how to identify, change, and use focus to get the results we want.
- Author Biography<b>Heidi Grant Halvorson</b> is a social psychologist, author, and popular speaker. She is the author of <i>Succeed </i>and <i>Focus</i>. <b> E. Tory Higgins</b> is the author of <i>Beyond Pleasure and Pain</i>. He is Stanley Schachter Professor of Psychology at Columbia University and Professor of Management at the Columbia Business School. Both authors live in New York City and are directors of Columbia University's Motivation Science Center.
- Author(s)E. Tory Higgins,Heidi Grant Halvorson
- Date of Publication28/01/2014
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.