All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionArtist Juan Cruz presents a fictional work in his personal translation of Miguel de Unamu's 1914 modernist Spanish vel, entitled Fog . Born in Spain of mixed English and Spanish parentage, Juan Cruz moved to Britain as a child. His work investigates the mechanisms of displacement, the gaps that exist in translation and the numerous ways in which place and cultural identity are interlinked. In this conceptual work, both the narrative in the text and the translation - which can potentially be viewed as a subservient creative act - function as critiques of the artist's role within contextual commissioning, yet Cruz still produces a work that is ultimately automous from that context. Cruz's work forms part of Other Plans, a project initiated as a critical response to the significant regeneration projects taking place in Newcastle and Gateshead against the background of the bids for City of Culture.
- Author(s)Juan Cruz
- PublisherForma Arts and Media Limited
- Date of Publication16/08/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNewcastle Upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintForma Arts and Media Limited
- Width120 mm
- Height185 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.