All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUndoubtedly the most famous fighter type to see service on either side during World War I, the Fokker Dr I was a revelation when it entered service on the western front in 1917. Manfred von Richthofen's JG I 'circus' was the first Jasta to completely re-equip with the new fighter, and in the skilled hands of its numerous aces, the Dr I proved a formidable opponent. The Dr I remained in service on the Western Front until replaced by the superior Fokker D VII in May 1918. Just weeks prior to that, however, Germany's leading ace, the great 'Red Baron', had been killed at the controls of a Dr I.
- Author BiographyBerkshire-based Harry Dempsey is a talented profile artist who specialises in fighter aircraft of World War I. He has illustrated all of Osprey's World War I Aircraft of the Aces titles to date. Norman Franks is one of the world's leading authorities on World War I fighter aviation, having published some of the seminal works on the subject. He is currently working on a long list of volumes on Great War aces for Osprey's Aircraft of the Aces series.
- Author(s)Norman Franks
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/08/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Aircraft of the Aces S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 40
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note100 b&w and 40 colour illustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Harry Dempsey
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.