All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionFood Engineering Handbook, Two-Volume Set provides a stimulating and up-to-date review of food engineering phemena. It also addresses the basic and applied principles of food engineering methods used in food processing operations around the world. Combining theory with a practical, hands-on approach, this set examines the thermophysical properties and modeling of selected processes such as chilling, freezing, and dehydration, and covers the key aspects of food engineering, from mass and heat transfer to steam and boilers, heat exchangers, diffusion, and absorption. Comprised of Food Engineering Handbook: Food Engineering Fundamentals and Food Engineering Handbook: Food Process Engineering, this comprehensive resource: * Explains the interactions between different food constituents that might lead to changes in food properties * Describes the characterization of the heating behavior of foods, their heat transfer, heat exchangers, and the equipment used in each food engineering method * Discusses rheology, fluid flow, evaporation, distillation, size reduction, mixing, emulsion, and encapsulation * Provides case studies of solid-liquid and supercritical fluid extraction and food behaviors * Explores fermentation, enzymes, fluidized-bed drying, and more Presenting cutting-edge information on new and emerging food engineering processes, Food Engineering Handbook, Two-Volume Set offers a complete reference on the fundamental concepts, modeling, quality, safety, and techlogies associated with food engineering and processing operations today.
- Author BiographyTheodoros Varzakas received a bachelor's degree in microbiology and biochemistry, MBA in food, and Ph.D in food biotechnology from Reading University, UK in 1992 and 1998, respectively. He has been a postdoctoral researcher at Reading University, worked in large pharmaceutical and multinational food companies in Greece, and possesses at least 14 years of experience in the public sector. Since 2005, he has served as an assistant and associate professor in the Department of Food Technology at the Technological Educational Institute of Peloponnese, Greece (Higher Institute of Kalamata, Greece), specializing in issues of food technology, food processing, food quality, and safety. Constantina Tzia received a diploma in chemical engineering and a Ph.D in food engineering from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece in 1977 and 1987, respectively. His current research interests include quality and safety (HACCP) of foods, sensory evaluation, fats and oil, dairy and bakery technology, and utilization of food by-products. Professor Tzia's work has been widely published and presented, appearing in prestigious publications such as the Journal of Food Science, LWT - Food Science and Technology, Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, Food and Bioprocess Technology, and Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleContemporary Food Engineering
- Series Part/Volume Number31
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note333 black & white illustrations, 108 black & white tables
- Weight2018 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine71 mm
- Edited byConstantina Tzia,Theodoros Varzakas
- Contained items statementContains 2 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.