Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $321.20+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionFood flavour techlogy is of key importance for the food industry. Increasingly, food products must comply with legal requirements and conform to consumer demands for natural products, but the simple fact is that, if foods do t taste good, they will t be consumed and any nutritional benefit will be lost. There is therefore keen interest throughout the world in the production, utilisation and analysis of flavours. The second edition of this successful book offers a broad introduction to the formulation, origins, analysis and performance of food flavours, updating the original chapters and adding valuable new material that introduces some of the newer methodologies and recent advances. The creation of flavourings is the starting point for the book, outlining the methodology and constraints faced by flavourists. Further constraints are considered in a chapter dealing with international legislation. The origins of flavours are described in three chapters covering thermal generation, biogeneration and natural sources, keeping in mind the adjustments that manufacturers have had to make to their raw materials and processes to meet the demand for natural products whilst complying with cost issues. Delivery of flavours using encapsulation or through an understanding of the properties of the food matrix is described in the next two chapters, and this section is followed by chapters describing the different ways to analyse flavours using instrumental, modelling and sensory techniques. The book is aimed at food scientists and techlogists, ingredients suppliers, quality assurance personnel, analytical chemists and biotechlogists.
- Author BiographyAndrew J. Taylor, Professor of Flavour Technology Robert S.T. Linforth, Principal Research Fellow Both of School of Biosciences, Faculty of Science, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington, UK
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/02/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight968 g
- Width182 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAndrew J. Taylor,Robert Linforth
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.