All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWant to be able to trust your kids around a full cookie jar? Want your kids to say to McDonald's and actually choose to eat something else? Want your kid to be able to eat whatever they want without ever worrying about their weight? With 'Food Ninjas: How to Raise Your Kids to be Lean, Mean, Eating Machines, ' this reality is just a small step away. In a world full of increasing paraia about the food we eat and health-obsessed parents imposing more and more bizarre dietary restrictions on their children, 'Food Ninjas' provides the swift kick in the pants that many health fanatical parents need. 'Food Ninjas' is THE roadmap for raising your children to be the lucky ones who can eat whatever they want, whenever they want, and be lean and healthy as a result. Think your kid needs to eat a bunch of vegetables? Think your kid will become a raging diabetic if he is allowed to consume as much cake, candy, and Coca Cola as he desires? Think your kid will be healthier if you raise her only on whole foods? Wrong, wrong, wrong. All creatures, humans included, come hardwired with powerful regulatory mechanisms with million-year track records of success. Children come programmed with all the instincts they could ever need to manage their body fat levels, energy levels, fluid intake, and much more-even while eating a modern diet. As a parent, the biggest mistake you can make is to INTERFERE. 'Food Ninjas' is about stepping out of the way and allowing a child to develop a healthy relationship with food, an optimal metabolic rate, and eat and drink based on internal, instinctual cues. Those internal cues can be trusted. Psychological interference about when, what, and how much to eat is what drowns out instinct and starts a lifelong neurotic tug of war between what we want to eat, and what we think we should eat. After reading 'Food Ninjas, ' you will longer have to control, bribe, struggle, or fight your children to eat this or eat that. You can relax. They can relax. You can stop trying to force them to swallow that green juice and cod liver oil, and you can stop having to listen to them whine and beg to eat junk food despite your best efforts to get them excited about Brussels sprouts and grass-fed beef. And the whole family can put all that wasted time and effort towards something a lot more fulfilling. 'Food Ninjas' is t ather idealistic book filled with tricks to make kids eat vegetables and delusional statements about how carrot sticks and hummus can be just as enjoyable as burgers and fries if you mold the hummus to look like a skateboard park or a Barbie bathtub. It is the answer for how kids and adults alike can eat in the most casual, intuitive, and carefree way as possible with excellent health to go along with it.
- Author(s)Matt Stone
- Date of Publication08/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.