All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFood, Nutrition and Health introduces students to the study of human nutrition, and is framed around the relationship between food consumption and health. It fosters understanding about nutrition science by building understanding of how nutrition kwledge is developed, how to search for new kwledge and how to evaluate and apply new information. These skills are particularly relevant for those students targeting a career where they will give dietary advice. The text sees nutrition as predicated on a scientific kwledge base with specific applications to health within the context of the human life course. Its chapter organization and thoughtful pedagogical structure combine to equip students with the means to think more holistically about the relationships between nutrition science, and social and environmental issues.
- Author BiographyLinda Tapsell is a Professor in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Wollongong. With a strong initial grounding in healthcare practice, and health personnel education, her long academic career involves researching the effect of dietary intervention on lifestyle related disease. Professor Tapsell directs research centres on food, nutrition and health, and is Editor of the journal Nutrition and Dietetics. She routinely serves as an expert on national and international food and nutrition related committees and science advisory councils. Professor Tapsell is Director, Food and Health/Smart Foods Centre; Editor, Nutrition and Dietetics; Chair, Scientific Program, International Congress Dietetics, Sydney 2012 and Director, Nutrition Research, Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute.
- Author(s)Linda Tapsell
- PublisherOxford University Press Australia
- Date of Publication23/09/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2013
- ImprintOUP Australia and New Zealand
- Content Note134 illustrations
- Weight1040 g
- Width211 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.