All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.53
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.44
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
About this product
- DescriptionSystems of producing food in safer ways, including the use of the hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP) system are w being adopted widely throughout the world. The ever--growing global shrimp and prawn farming and processing industries are w beginning to realise the benefits of using HACCP and other food safety measures. However, until w, there has t been one single book bringing together full details of how to implement these systems, which are w seens as making an extremely important contribution to the safe production and processing of shrimps. The authors of this book, who have a great deal of practical experience working with industry, and teaching food safety issues, have drawn together a wealth of information and guidance for the proper implementation of food safety measures, and the consequent processing of shrimps safely for the expanding market. Included in the book is an introduction to HACCP, how to implement sanitation programs and HACCP plans, and details of sampling procedures and monitoring plans for orgaleptic, physical, chemical and microbiological quality. Food Safety in Shrimp Processing is an essential purchase for all those involved in producing and processing shrimps throughout the world. Food scientists, micribiologists and techlogists in the seafood processing industry, and government regulatory and public health personnel should have a copy of this book readily at hand. All libraries in universities, colleges and research establishments where food sciences, food techlogy and aquaculture are studied and taught should have copies of this book on their shelves.
- Author BiographyLaxman Kanduri is based at Kingsborough Community College and Ronald A. Echhardt is based at Brooklyn College, both of The City University of New York, USA.
- Author(s)Laxman Kanduri,Ronald A. Eckhardt
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/05/2002
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFishing News Books Ltd
- Content Note40
- Weight668 g
- Width178 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.