All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- Description<b>A look at our relationship with food and sex, what happens when we become too dependent on either, and how to start recovering.</b><br/><br/> The need for food and the desire for sex are powerful forces, so powerful they can turn our bodies into battle grounds. Bingeing, exercising to exhaustion, even entering repeatedly into unhealthy relationships these are all addictive behaviours and symptoms of our body-obsessed world.<br/><br/> In <i>Food, Sex & You</i>, psychotherapist and recovered food addict Stacey Gorlicky will set you on a course to achieving full body acceptance and help you leave body obsession behind.<br/><br/> By sharing her personal journey and the stories of her clients, Stacey demonstrates how your attitude toward your body and your relationship with food and sex have been shaped by your upbringing, past traumatic experiences, and societal pressures. She then provides an action plan that will help you to sort out your feelings and behaviours surrounding food, allowing you to gain control of your eating.<br/><br/> Feel good about food. Feel great about sex.<br/><br/> Embrace the new you.
- Author BiographyStacey Gorlicky is a registered psychotherapist, former host of the live TV show <i>Mind Matters</i>, and a passionate spokesperson for mental-health issues. She lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Stacey Gorlicky
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2016
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.