All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is a guide to doing research in the burgeoning field of food studies. Designed for the classroom as well as for the independent scholar, the book details the predominant research methods in the field, provides a series of interactive questions and templates to help guide a project, and includes suggestions for food-specific resources such as archives, libraries and reference works. Interviews with leading scholars in the field and discussions of how the study of food can enhance traditional methods are included. Food Studies: An Introduction to Research Methods begins with an overview of food studies and research methods followed by a guide to the literature. Four methodological baskets representing the major methodologies of the field are explored together with interviews from leading scholars in: food history (Ken Albala); ethgraphic methods (Carole Counihan); material culture and media studies (Psyche Williams-Forson); and quantitative methods (Jeffery Sobal). The book concludes with chapters on research ethics, including working with human subjects, and techlogy tools for research.
- Author BiographyJeff Miller, Colorado State University. Jonathan Deutsch, Kingsborough Community College and Graduate Center, City University of New York.
- Author(s)Jeff Miller,Jonathan Deutsch
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight376 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.