All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.22Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionAfter more than a decade of experience with structural adjustment programs, the Hohenheim-Seminar of the European Association of Agricultural Ecomists Food and Agricultural Policies under Structural Adjustment brought together researchers and development experts to exchange research results and experiences; to explore alternative approaches that might be more effective for growth, institutional development and welfare; and to draw conclusions for food and agricultural policy design. The book consistently emphasizes that appart from agricultural prices n-price factors constitute in many countries the binding constraints to better agricultural performance. Improvements are needed in education, health, social services, transport and rural support institutions. Alleviating such constraints are longterm processes, and success cant be expected overnight. At the same time, immediate actions are needed to protect the poor against negative effects of structural adjustment measures.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Franz Heidhues is professor for agricultural development economics at the University of Stuttgart-Hohenheim and vice-chairman of the University's Centre for Tropical Agriculture. Beatrice Knerr is assistant professor in the Institute of Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences in the Tropics at the University of Hohenheim. The contributors: J. Dreier; W. Haubold; Laurent Martens; Franz Heidhues; Uma Lele; Graeme Donovan; Francois Kamajou; Kirit S. Parikh; Carlos Pomareda; Hans P. Binswanger; Alain De Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet; Vincent Ribier; Detlev Puetz; Hartwig De Haen, Tom Aldington & Reshma Saigal; Michel Benoit-Cattin; Pascal-Firmin Ndimira; Amadou Sidibe, Berte Kama & Youssoufou Congo; Heinrich Becker & Mamadou Camara; Massimo Bagarani; Michel Griffon; Ernst-August Nuppenau; Bertjan Van der Kamp, Clemens Lutz, Aad van Tilburg & Luis Sanint; Andrea Fadani & Emmanuel Foko; Thomas Engelhardt; Adam Donaldson; Beatrice Knerr; Heike Michelsen; Ousmane Badiane; Kimseyinga Savadogo & Sylvain Lariviere; Eric Tollens; Jonathan Kydd & Sophie Thoyer; Per Pinstrup-Andersen & Rajul Pandya-Lorch; Tesfaye Teklu; Thomas Reardon; Heba Nassar; Vimbai Vudzijena & Hans Walker; Michel Petit; Dieter Frisch; Helga Henselder-Barzel; Hans Wilhelm von Haugwitz.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/04/1994
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notefig.
- Weight780 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byBeatrice Knerr,F. J. Heidhues
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.