All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn Food and Love , Jack Goody surveys phemena as diverse as the uniqueness of the European family, the development of romantic love, the evolution of national and regional cuisines, and the globalization of Chinese food, effortlessly incorporating fascinating examples ranging from Europe to Asia and Africa. Throughout the book, Goody shows that the ethcentricity of much of Western scholarship has distorted t only the comprehension of the East but also of developments in Europe's past and present.
- Author BiographyJACK GOODY is Professor of Anthropology at Cambridge University and a Fellow of St John's College. His other publications include The East in the West, The Culture of Flowers and Cooking, Cuisine and Class
- Author(s)Jack Goody
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.